Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Chemical Baby


Its your crystal meth
Ideal perfection 
Now that I've tasted death 
I'm addicted to infection 
I'm the broken soul 
The line that never fits 
I'm the begger on death row 
Taking whatever she can can get 

I'm self destructive 
But the highs too seductive 

So crush me up 
Rail a line 
Sink down beside me 
Let our bodies intertwine 
If I know no right 
We can never make wrong 
So shoot me up baby 
Maybe sing along 

If you wanna hallucinate 
Baby, I can facilitate 
Its my sadistic ecstacy 
An addictive chemical pleasantry
I can take you higher up
Than wings and jetplanes could ever do 
So come close and maybe 
My chemical baby, 
I promise it'll only hurt a bit

 I don't really know were my obsession with self destruction arose from. Yet, this addictive personality I have acquired over the years has lead me to my new favorite hobby- masochism in the most optimistic way possible (and yes, I do realize that sentence is a complete oxymoron.)
I have no mental problems, health issues and have be raised in a fairly normal-very open minded- and stable middle class family. For the longest time I have thought that this little obsession was just a form of rebellion. Though I have very little deprivation of voice and generally don't have a very solid cause to  rebel against.
I would assume for a while my friends got the indication that I was clinically depressed. Which to me was sickly humorous. Though the constant concern made me question my own sanity, and I wont lie, sometimes I still do. Then again alternating insanity does happen to the best of us.
Even though i do have a sarcastic and "partly cloudy" outlook on life, I am defiantly not depressed, or suicidal for that matter.
I'm just seduced into taking things one buckle away from life-threatening or destructive.
Which I assume just makes me masochistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment