Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What a Wonderful Prase...



Somthing that made me smile...


Two weeks ago. Saturday night, at around four thirty seven in the morning I was mind numbingly under the influence lying in bed staring at the ceiling in a state of semi-unconsciousness’. With my handy Iphone beside me playing on shuffle, low volume. Well, whist floating in and out of consciousness I was suddenly almost jolted straight out of bed. You see, playing from my small ear buds was a high pitch shriek, which seemed to resemble my Mother in a state of rage being straggled with my old Chinese grandmother after she had downed a bottle of whisky. (It’s important that you understand that its not by “my old Chinese grandmother,” is not strangling it but with my “old Chinese grandmother,” there is a slight tonal difference. )
Anyways, in the state of mind that I was I almost threw my precious i-phone across the room. But moments before I was about to heave the small piece of technology I must have pressed the central on my phone and the screen lit up revealing that I was listening to “The Best of Disney” song number 33 “the circle of life” and the shriek which resembled my mother and grandmother was actually the beginning notes and chants of the song sung by Rafiki, the which doctor baboon.
I was then suddenly hit by something. A strange thought that came into my odd little mind. Yet it was so powerful, it could possibly compare to Rachel’s dirty red jeep. “Hakunah Matatah, what a wonderful phrase”
This is when I had a revelation. Next year, I’m applying to university and then everything is going to change. Soon enough I'd have to deal with things like income tax, and rent, and feeding myself.
That’s a scary thought.
And then I began to think about my life up until then. Working day in, day out, waiting for the weekend. Taking one day at a time and stressing out over the tests, homework. Getting into terrible fights with my parents for this illegal thing and thats...well, somewhat legal thing. Sometimes being caught up in everything, you get so down that you want to throw it all into a corner and forget that the whole world even exists.
 So I sat there. And I thought about that, and here is the conclusion I came too:
Life is stressful, life is a lot of work. A lot of the times life can be boring, sad, full of doubt and anger, and sometimes it takes all you've got just to keep yourself sane.
And in those times when it's hard for you to even smile and you are stuck in a shit-hole of misery, remember that somewhere out there, there's a fairy, going around and slapping you in the face and telling you to pull themselves up, because no one is going to throw you down a rope and pull you out. Find a foot hold in the cliff and start climbing, 'cause you might lose a few fingernails but don't worry, those grow back, and eventually you'll lift yourself over the precipice and find yourself in sunlight once again.
If you find yourself halfway there, and you feel your legs and arms giving out, don't stop. If you look down and think that what you want is to just fall back down because it's the easy route, remember this: Nothing is as bright as the sunlight once you've spent a long time in the dark.
Live life like you want to. Care about the things that mean a lot to you, because they are the things that don't disappear. If you care too much about the little things in life-if you let yourself get angry because the cute boy at Starbucks put whipped cream on your grande no fat americano, or if you spend all day moping around because the price of gas has gone up once again and now you can't afford to buy some extra munchies at the station- then you just make it easier for you to slip, and before you know it your tumbling over the cliff.
Just shrug off the little annoyances in life and don't let them bother you. Sure, you have a visible red stain on your brand new white dresss, but that meatball marinara was fucking unreal. Throw on a cute cardigan and get on with your life.
The things that really matter to you are what's important, and these things change with time. But if you care for them, chances are they won't just hop up and run off without first saying goodbye
So get out of that bed. Take a walk and spend some time to smell the flowers.
And remember, when your feeling down. Put a little Hakunah Matatah in your life. Hakunah Matatah, What a wonderful phrase ‘casue it means no worries, for the rest of your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment